Education Support Scheme
Working with street kids at a refuge set up with community funding
With the help of Jabulani support
- A young man from Inanda is now embarking on a law degree.
- 3 young women from Umlazi are about to start bridging courses towards qualifying as teachers.
- 20 girls at Dloko High School have received sponsorship for their school fees
- 2 young people who had to interrupt their degree courses because of financial difficulties have been able to start again.
- A former street boy is sitting his final CISCO certification examinations.
- 2 young people are sitting exams to obtain driver’s licences.
- School Uniforms provided to the next generation from a previous Jabulani recipient to enable them to access their birthright – an Education!
- A number of underprivileged young people of South Africa are receiving a regular allowance or college support from individual Jabulani sponsors
- We have improved the chances of employment for young people For example, we have contributed towards the cost of:
- certificates such as security guard, fork lift driver, ICT
- driving licences
- essential resources to complete courses
- college or university fees
- loans repayments to NSFAS (the South African Government student loan and bursary scheme).